At Taylor Law & Conveyancing we understand that dealing with deceased estates is one of the most difficult and distressing challenges in life.
From mountains of paper work to legal jargon and simmering family disputes, they’re the last things you want to deal with when you’re grieving the loss of someone important in your life.
So, let us help you by:
- Interpreting the Will of the deceased in terms of estate laws
- Advising executors and trustees in regard to their duties and rights
- Informing government bodies including Centrelink and Veterans Affairs
- Applying for Probate of the Will in the Supreme Court
- Dealing with intestacy (where there is no Will)
- Applying for Letters of Administration (if the Will is deemed invalid or is absent)
- Identifying estate assets and liabilities
- Obtaining valuations of estate property
- Collecting estate financial assets
- Selling or transferring estate property
- Paying estate debts including mortgages, funeral costs, and testamentary expenses
- Distributing bequests and inheritances to beneficiaries
Contact us to find out more or to arrange an appointment.